United Rentals Inc., the industry’s largest construction and industrial equipment rental provider, also makes a wide range of used equipment available for purchase, such as infrastructure construction equipment including backhoes, excavators, skid steers, trenchers and more.
On Nov. 19, 2020, more than 100 United Rentals locations across North America will host the company’s Blue Thursday Equipment Sale, where customers can browse used equipment at special discounts, originally sourced from top-tier manufacturers. COVID-19 safety measures will be enforced.
For more information on participating locations, visit United Rentals’ Blue Thursday page.
“This year, more than ever, companies are looking to safely increase productivity with cost-effective solutions,” said Mike Durand, Senior Vice President, Sales and Western Division Operations at United Rentals. “If you’re planning to add to your equipment fleet, or buy your first machine, there are certain considerations to keep in mind as you shop the used equipment market.”
Based on more than 20 years as a trusted partner on worksites, United Rentals has shared the following advice to help customers successfully purchase used equipment:
Think beyond the purchase
- Equipment servicing: An ongoing equipment servicing program that includes professional inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs by expert technicians can be an efficient strategy for equipment owners.
- Training: Operator training on equipment is important both for worker well-being and worksite productivity. Training formats have evolved to accommodate worker availability and a choice of instruction methods.
- Warranty: Consider bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage options to safeguard your equipment investment and minimize any disruptions.
Confirm the quality
- Maintenance history: Regularly-maintained equipment is likely to perform more reliably. Ask to see a machine’s detailed maintenance history before you buy it.
- Inspection: The benefit to viewing equipment in person is that it gives you the opportunity to do a visual inspection prior to purchase.
- Consider use hours more than age: Check the hour meter and compare the annual usage to an industry benchmark for that type of equipment. Also take into account how you plan to use the equipment and the worksite environment as factors.
Buy the right model at the right time
- Financing: Financing enables a buyer to manage the purchase cost of the equipment over time, and should cover all equipment-related costs, including warranty and freight.
- Tax savings: Consider purchasing the equipment before year-end for potential tax savings. Consult with a tax advisor for more information.
United Rentals, the world’s largest construction and industrial equipment rental company, offers approximately 4,000 classes of equipment for rent at over 1,180 locations and online at UnitedRentals.com.United Rental, Used Equipment