The National Utility Contractors Association (NUCA) has announced the winners of the annual William H. Feather Safety Awards. These awards were created to honor the contributions of the founding Chairman of NUCA’s Safety Committee, William H. Feather, and to recognize excellent safety commitments demonstrated by NUCA members.
The winners will be recognized at the association’s annual convention being held Feb. 27-29 in Tucson, Arizona. The winners will be presented plaques at the convention’s Gala Dinner on Saturday, Feb. 29.
Feather Awards are bestowed upon companies that have the best safety records in seven categories according to total man-hours worked. Winners in each category are selected based on injury frequency data, a short safety management statement and company safety program information.
The winners are:
- Overall Winner – Slack and Co. Contracting Inc., Houston, Texas.
- 1,000,000+ Manhours Worked – Barnard Construction Company, Bozeman, Mont.
- 500,001 – 1,000,000 Manhours Worked – MAC Construction & Excavating Inc., New Albany, Ind.
- 200,001 – 500,000 Manhours Worked – Horizontal Boring & Tunneling Company, Exeter, Neb.
- 100,001 – 200,000 Manhours Worked – J.F. Wilkerson Contracting Inc., Morrisville, N.C.
- 0 -100,000 Manhours Worked – Iowa Trenchless, Panora, Iowa.
Founded in 1964, the National Utility Contractors Association represents over 1,700 U.S. utility and excavation contractors, manufacturers, and suppliers who provide the materials and workforce to build and maintain our nation’s network of water, sewer, gas, telecommunications, and electric infrastructure.