The newest addition to the Volvo E-Series excavator lineup from Volvo Construction Equipment offers a 10 percent increase in fuel efficiency over its predecessor model and increased digging and lifting forces for high productivity and performance.
The Volvo ECR355E short swing radius excavator brings an entirely new size class to the Volvo excavator lineup – offering power and production in a short swing design capable of working in more confined spaces.
Powered by a 241-hp (180-kW) Volvo D8 Tier 4 Final engine that combines high torque and low rpm, the ECR355E delivers an 18 percent increase in horsepower and 28 percent increase in torque over the preceding model it replaces, the Volvo ECR305C.
The advanced electro-hydraulic system works with the powerful Volvo engine, resulting in a 10 percent increase in fuel efficiency, reduced emissions and faster, smoother operation.
“The ECR355E fills a need in the market for a powerful 35-ton machine in a short swing design capable of heavy, high-production work in tight areas that would otherwise require a smaller, less productive machine,” said Sejong Ko, excavator product manager at Volvo Construction Equipment. “Packed with optional features for added versatility, as well as all of our E-Series updates, the ECR355E is perfect for everything from heavy infrastructure and utility work to demolition and road building.”
The ECR355E features all the E-Series updates, as well as a range of new options for increased versatility.
- Demolition packages – A wide range of factory-fitted guarding options are available, including boom and bucket cylinder guards, heavy-duty side doors, reinforced undercovers, slew ring protection, full track guard and cab-mounted Falling Object Guarding (FOG) packages.
- Dozer blade and two-piece boom – An optional dozer blade allows for easy backfilling and additional stability, while the two-piece boom allows for digging closer to the undercarriage with improved visibility and lifting capability in tight spaces.
- Steelwrist tiltrotator – Coming in spring 2018, the ECR355E will be available with the optional Steelwrist tiltrotator, which allows for rotating the attachment 360-degrees and tilting from side to side. The Steelwrist drastically cuts down on repositioning time and increases productivity.
- New E-Series cab – The ECR355E is equipped with the new E-Series rectangular cab, adding 10 percent more space, 44 percent more cooling capacity, improved front and side visibility, a wider entrance, radio with hands-free Bluetooth, more ergonomic controls and a reduction in the number of switches from 27 to 11.
- Standard side-view, optional Smart View – In addition to the standard rear-view camera, the ECR355E now comes standard with a side-view camera to further reduce blind spots. Coming in spring 2018, the ECR355E will also be available with Volvo Smart View – a feature that combines four exterior-mounted cameras to create a bird’s eye view of the machine, displayed on the 8-inch in-cab monitor. For further visibility, the ECR355E is also available with LED work lights as an upgrade to halogen.