New Holland Construction showcased its new full line of compact excavators last week at the Green Industry & Equipment Expo (GIE) in Louisville, Ky. Complete with six new models ranging from 1.7 to 6.0 metric tons, the New Holland Construction mini excavators offer competitive performance measures on each available model, including extended life components, liquid-cooled industrial Tier 4 Final compliant diesel engines, an auto-shift traveling system and lower noise levels.
The six-model lineup doubles the size of New Holland’s former compact excavator offering, and introduces the E17C, E26C, E33C, E37C, E57C and E60C.
Performance features include:
- Rail & inter-locking type track
- Auto shift travel system automatically downshifts when load is sensed to increase torque and upshifts once load is no longer sensed
- Auto idle capability to automatically idle when operator does not give input to the control handles and returns to throttle setting when operator moves stick
- Top of class ground clearance and excellent dozer blade lift height
- Variable undercarriage (E17C) retracts for entry through tight egresses and then extends for stability
- ESL (Engine Start Limit) System (anti-theft) ensures passcode is required to start engine and time between engine starts can be manually set
The new full-line of mini excavators feature industry-leading serviceability and convenience. The design boasts easy access to engine compartment for daily checks, a convenient switch layout, easy-to-read cluster, touch screen monitor (E57C & E60C) and a wide, spacious cab.
The mini excavator cab features excellent forward visibility, with excavator-style window and removable lower window. Retractable windows on the right side and rear mirrors on both sides improve all-around visibility. In addition to its well-designed visibility, the cab is optimized for a comfortable operating experience and offers features such as an ergonomically designed suspension seat, adjustable arm rests and a spacious environment to help reduce operator fatigue, and more.