Doosan and Bobcat Co. employees completed the first “Doosan Days of Community Service” — a company-wide volunteer effort that celebrates ongoing partnerships with communities in North America and around the globe where Bobcat Co. and Doosan do business. A second service day will take place in June of this year.
During the first service day for 2016, employees volunteered for projects that included helping with various nonprofit organizations; constructing a BMX track; working with local food banks; cleaning sections of highways; and performing various landscaping and construction work at parks, zoos, museums and community recreational facilities. Approximately 400 Doosan and Bobcat employees in North America volunteered in the community efforts, supporting over 40 nonprofit organizations.
Specific projects completed during the April Day of Community Service include:
- Constructing a BMX track in Bismarck, N.D.
- Renovating a playground at the North Dakota Autism Center in Fargo, N.D.
- Helping with beautification tasks at Rutland Ball Diamond in Gwinner, N.D.
- Aiding in highway cleanup efforts in Litchfield, Minn.
- Working on various landscaping projects at Iredell Historical Museum in Statesville, N.C.
- Organizing donations and various landscaping projects at North Gwinnett Co-op in Suwanee, Ga.
- Assisting with landscaping projects at the Chahinkapa Zoo in Wahpeton, N.D.
National projects and participation were organized by Doosan and Bobcat facility locations in and around Bismarck, Gwinner, Fargo and Wahpeton, N.D.; Suwanee, Ga.; Statesville, N.C.; and Litchfield, Minn. Global initiatives took place in South Korea, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany and other locations around the world.
The community service days place a large emphasis on the “Doosan Way” — an organizational principle that links all Doosan employees’ values to a management system focused on community and social responsibility that can be incorporated into their daily lives. At the heart of the Doosan Way is the idea that being a good corporate citizen is an ongoing responsibility. Bobcat Co. has long believed that the organization and its employees should support the environment, communities and partnerships that contribute to the company’s and community’s success.
“At Doosan and Bobcat Co., we all take great pride in seeing how dedicated and eager our employees are to make a difference in their communities,” said Laura Ness Owens, Bobcat Co. director of marketing. “We are very proud to continue these service days year after year.”